Para Vera en Spaniel
2019 Adult ESL Program
The Hutto Public Library serves the community with an ESL program focusing on verbal, reading and writing skills in English. Anyone in the community is welcome to attend. The program operating for the fall semester begins January 15 through May 16.
1. Registration for 2019 Semester will end on December 21, 2018. Registered students may sign up at the library for testing dates to identify class level. Test Dates will be on Thursday, January 3; Tuesday, January 8; and Thursday, January 10, 2019.
2. Sessions will begin with Orientation on January 15 and classes start on January 17, 2019. To register for this class visit the library at 205 West Street in Hutto , call 512-759-4008, or sign up on the City Calendar under ESL Registration dates.
*Registration for the 2019 Spring Semester is closed. Registration will open in July 2019 for the 2019-2020 ESL Program.
3. Schedule - Tuesday & Thursday sessions are from 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm.
Adult Basic Spanish
Adult volunteer Spanish teachers provide free Spanish Classes at the library every Friday morning. The 2018-2019 Session will be from August 24 to May 17, 2019. Classes will be on break from December 14-January 4. Classes resume on January 11. The Intermediate and Beginning Classes are from 10:00 to 11:00 AM and Advanced Beginners Class will be from 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM. Teachers use the Barron's Painless Spanish books that are available to checkout from the library. Click Here to visit the online calendar to check for the next class meeting. Please sign up for either of these classes at the Library or call us at 512-759-4008.
*The 2018-2019 Session for Adult Basic Spanish Classes are full. Registration for the 2019-2020 Session will open in July 2019.
Learn 80 Languages Online with Pronunciator!
Click Here to Access the TexShare Databases with resources like Pronunciator and Procitizen
Visit the Library for Information about the High School Equivalency Test
Click Here to Access the High School Equivalency Test HiSet official webpage
More Local Organizations with Adult English, Citizenship, and Basic Education Programs
Click on the images below to view page 1 and 2 of the Local Adult English, Citizenship, and Basic Education Classes Brochure listing other local organization classes and programs.
Click Here for Page 1 of Brochure Click Here for Page 2 of Brochure
U.S. Citizen and Naturalization Resources
The following are free online resources for individuals interested in U.S. Citizenship and Naturalization.
- United States Citizenship and Immigration Services Official http://www.uscis.gov/
- N-400 Application for Naturalization http://www.uscis.gov/n-400
- Preparing for the Oath U.S. History and Civics for Citizenship http://americanhistory.si.edu/citizenship/
College Online Resources
- FREE Application for Federal Student Aid - FAFSA - https://fafsa.ed.gov/
- Affordable Colleges Online http://www.affordablecollegesonline.org/online-colleges/texas/
- Higher Education for Homeless and Low-income Students http://www.affordablecollegesonline.org/homeless-students-guide/
- Texas Higher Education - http://www.onlinecolleges.net/texas
- East Williamson County Higher Education Center- Hutto https://ewchec.net/