The Parks and Recreation Department currently offers a few youth sports programs throughout the year. We are constantly teaming up with other groups to serve the community of Hutto. If you have a suggestion of a program or league you would like to see please let us know. Our registration is done online through ActiveNet or through the Parks and Recreation Office in person or over the phone
Hutto Parks and Recreation ActiveNet Online Registration
Hutto Track and Field Club (Boys and Girls)
The Hutto Track and Field Club has been "running" for several years now and shown a lot of success from it's participants. The track club runs from late spring through mid-summer and consists of 3 practices a week, a weekly mini-meet, circuit meets, and the regional and state meets put on by TAAF. All skill levels are welcome as our coaches will teach correct form and skills to be successful in track and field. Practices are split with the younger participants training earlier in the afternoon and the older participants in the evening with a longer practice session.
- 6U, 8U, 10U, 12U, 14U, 16U, 18U divisions available
- Volunteer assistants with a track and field background are welcomed
- Registration for 2019 will open in March!
Youth Basketball (Boys and Girls)
Our youth basketball league preparation starts in the early fall. Registration tends to start at the beginning of September and practices start just after Thanksgiving break. Volunteer coaches are always needed and appreciated. There is a coach look and draft before each season for leagues 8U and up. No one is ever cut in the coach look and draft. All practices are held in designated Hutto ISD gyms, and games are held in Hutto ISD or Taylor ISD gyms depending on the league. To provide bigger and better leagues the Hutto Parks and Recreation partners with Taylor Parks and Recreation. Currently we follow the basketball rules set by Texas Amateur Athletic Federation (TAAF). Each spring our 8U-12U teams have a chance to play in the regional tournament and qualify for the state tournament ran by TAAF.
- 6U, 8U, 10U, and 12U teams
- Volunteer coaches are always needed
- Registration opens September 4
- Registration opens September 4 to November 5 EXTENDED TO NOVEMBER 18TH!
- Practices begin Nov. 26 December 3rd!
- Games begin in January 2019
- League Rules
- TAAF Site and Info
- Click here to register now! Registration has closed for the 2018-2019 season.
- First game day - January, 12.
- The TAAF state tournament will be held in Longview, TX on March 15 - 17.
Other Youth Sports Leagues and Organizations
- Hutto Family YMCA
- Hutto Youth Baseball Softball Association
- Hutto Youth Football and Cheer Association
- Hutto Youth Soccer Association