The City of Hutto has implemented an Automated Meter Reading System. This is an effort to improve the level of customer service by reading all meters accurately, in a timely manner and to be able to respond to customer concerns regarding high water use immediately.
Meter reads are transmitted to collectors up to 12 reads per day. Collectors are mounted on utility infrastructure, and water towers, to maximize range. Communication between the collectors and the collection engine at the utility is two-way.
The City’s AMR was implemented to:
- Increase operational efficiencies by reading more meters in a shorter amount of time
- Eliminate the high operational costs associated with hard-to-read meters
- Improve customer satisfaction by eliminating intrusive meter reading visits and providing more accurate and up-to-date billing data
- Improve employee and customer safety
- Improve the quality of your billing data by eliminating manual data entry errors, performing off-cycle reads and eliminating estimated readings
- Identify revenue loss due to meter tampering
- Identify water loss and distribution system problems with patented leak detection
- Manage water conservation programs more effectively
City of Hutto Utility Billing
401 W. Front St. Hutto TX. 78634
PH: 512-759-4055 FAX 512-846-2653