The Management Assistant performs a variety of administrative and clerical duties necessary to efficiently support a multi-divisional department.
- Serve as information and communication manager for the department; plan and schedule meetings and appointments; organize and maintain paper and electronic files; manage projects; conduct research; and disseminate information by using the telephone, mail services, Web sites and e-mail. May also handle travel arrangements.
- Use of office equipment, such as fax machines, photocopiers, scanners, video conferencing and telephone systems.
- Create spreadsheets, compose correspondence, manage databases; update social media sites, manage the department website and create presentations, event flyers, reports, and documents using desktop publishing software and digital graphics.
- Negotiate with vendors, request quotes, draft purchase order and payment requests from the finance department; maintain leased equipment; purchase and manage stocks and supplies for each division.
- Maintain the fiscal budget for each division within the department and process financial reports on a weekly basis including bank deposits.
- Review and approve procurement card transactions, department wide, on a monthly basis.
- Process Pet Licensing requests from the public.
- Provide training and department orientation for new staff.
- Operate and troubleshoot new office technologies.
- Advise appropriate staff of impending facility rentals to ensure proper weekend coverage.
- Assist with large scale special event planning including vendor contacts, activity research, vendor payments, supply research and ordering, event staffing, event publications and public outreach.
- Draft proclamations as requested by executive management.
- Coordinate meetings and agendas, using a web based program, for the Parks Advisory Board monthly meetings and any additional special meetings.
- REQUIRED ATTENDANCE: Monthly Park Advisory Board meetings which occur after normal business hours, to take meeting minutes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 6 months of experience in an administrative role
- 6 months customer service experience
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
- Must be familiar with Twitter, Facebook and other platforms used for the development of departmental programs and events.
- Must have strong customer services skills and interpersonal skills
Contact : To apply, send resume to: email@example.com
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled