City Manager's Office
Contact Odis Jones, City Manager
401 W. Front St.
Hutto, TX 78634
Ph: (512) 759-4030
Fax: (512) 846-2653
Hours: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday - Friday
A message from the City Manager, Odis Jones:
I'm blessed to be in the City of Hutto and humbled to be of service to the community.
First and foremost, I’m committed to the citizens of Hutto, and the well-being of the City. The Council and I hold in high regard fiscal responsibility, public safety, planning and economic development, quality of life and a wide-array of other services that directly impact our citizens.
My responsibilities include working closely with our City Council to ensure Hutto is moving in a well-balanced and diversified direction by managing the overall day-to-day operations, policy implementations, as well as executing the strategic vision established by the citizens and City Council. With more than 20 years of experience, to include serving in a variety executive level leadership positions in small, medium and large municipal governments, I am ready to serve the citizens of Hutto, Texas. My vast experiences ranges from local government to economic development in a variety of industries, and I look forward to bringing those experiences to Hutto.
This past year, we've been preparing for growth. You will soon start to see evidence of the seeds we've been planting in seven major areas, we call the "magnificent seven."
The City is undertaking these seven strategic projects to take control of its future:
- providing spec light industrial park space through the Innovation Business Park,
- developing the Co-Op into a mixed-use entertainment district,
- developing Downtown Hutto,
- repositioning the City's variable rate high-cost water assets with a goal of stabilizing rates for citizens,
- purchasing and developing a park that connects to the regional park system in Williamson County,
- investing in infrastructure and public safety through a streets and drainage program, and
- ensuring a vibrant economic base for the city's future by investing in infrastructure for key growth corridors over the next 20 years.
These key strategies comprise my and the City Council's unwavering commitment to growing Hutto stronger through a well-thought out, sustainable manner while balancing the tax burden on its citizens.
As Council-Manager form of government, the City of Hutto has a City Manager appointed by and serving at the pleasure of the City Council, which is the governing body responsible for setting policy.
The City Manager serves as the Chief Executive Officer and assists the Council in identifying the policy agenda and provides recommendations to the City Council, and it is my honor to do so.