The City of Hutto recently completed its second comprehensive citizen survey. Approximately 2,100 homes were randomly selected to participate in the survey. Government Research Solutions conducted the survey which sought to seek citizen's input regarding current programs and services, new initiatives, and future policy.
2018 Citizen Survey Results
The top priorities listed by Hutto residents are business / economic development and job creation, infrastructure improvements (streets, roads, sidewalks, and sewer), and a grocery store. In addition, Hutto citizens listed the following priorities as the most important:
- Creating local jobs.
- Expanding retail opportunities.
- Neighborhood revitalization.
- Roadway improvement.
- Beautification of the City.
The results of the survey confirm that overall Hutto residents have a positive view of the services received from the City and that they are still satisfied with the overall quality of life in the City. The citizen survey is a useful tool in that it connects our strategic planning efforts to the services that citizens receive, and it tells us how we are doing and helps us determine ways we can improve.
- 81% of respondents said they are satisfied or very satisfied with the quality of life in Hutto.
- 51% of respondents see the quality of businesses and sevices as good and excellent, an improvment of 7% compared to 2016.
- 86% of respondents said they are satisfied or very satisfied with the safety provided by the police.
- 45% of respondents rate the availablity of paths and walking trails as good or excellent.
- 61% of respondents indicated that code enforcement was good or excellent.
- 71% of respondents rated sewer services as good or excellent, a decrease of 10% compared to 2016.
- Increases in the percentages of respondents who indicated good or excellent were in the following areas: Quality of Business & Service Establishments, Employment Opportunitites, Ease of Bicycle Travel, Traffic Signal Timing, City Parks and Community Events.