The City of Hutto holds annual elections on the May uniform Election Day (first Saturday in May).
MAY 4, 2019 ELECTION
- Notice of Filing Period for a Place on the Ballot
- Resolution Ordering General Election on May 4, 2019 (English and Spanish)
- Resolution Order Special Election on May 4, 2019 (English and Spanish)
January 16, 2019 - First day to file for candidacy
February 15, 2019 @ 5:00 p.m. - Deadline to File Application for candidacy
Qualifications for Candidacy
Candidates running for Hutto City Council must affirm that they are:
- At least 18 years of age as of the date of application
- A qualified voter of the City (which in the charter shall mean a person who is registered to vote by the State of Texas, whose registration is effective in the City of Hutto)
- A resident of the City and have resided within the corporate limits of the City for at least twelve (12) months immediately preceding the date of the election
To see a full list of Election Results (Haga clic en la imagen para ver los resultadoes de las elecciones.)
First Steps for Candidate Running for a City Office (PDF)
Voter ID Requirements: Pursuant to State Law, voter ID is required when voting in the State of Texas. For detailed information on this law, please visit the Texas Secretary of State’s website.