Applications for the Hutto Citizens’ University Class of 2019 will be accepted beginning September 1, 2018.
Hutto citizens are invited to enroll in the Hutto Citizens’ University (HCU). Participants will gain an understanding of the City’s structure, functions and services provided, while City officials and Staff gain valuable insight into the priorities and needs of residents.
- Create a cadre of informed citizens who will be better able to become involved in community activities, will volunteer for Council-appointed boards, commissions, committees, and task forces or will otherwise become involved in the City’s governance.
- Provide an opportunity for citizens to learn about the City of Hutto’s government through firsthand experience and gain exposure to the wide range of City services, functions, activities and issues.
- Obtain feedback from citizens regarding governmental programs and services.
Enrollment is limited and diversity is sought in class makeup. Applications for the Class of 2019 will be accepted beginning September 1, 2019. Acceptance letters will be sent out in December along with a program itinerary, class schedule, and expectations.
Eligible candidates must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a resident of Hutto
- Not currently holding or running for elected office in any city, school district, utility district, county, state or federal election
- Willing to commit to attendance of all sessions and tours
The curriculum includes presentations by city department heads and field trips to several sites such as the fire and police departments, water treatment plant and other activities.
HCU class are held on on Tuesday evening from 6 p.m. 8:30 p.m. will consist of 11 sessions during the year with a graduation held in December. Each session will be approximately 2 – 2.5 hours and will begin on January 9, 2019. Refreshments will be provided.Calendar can be found here.
Lisa Brown, City Secretary
401 W. Front Street
Hutto, Texas 78634