City Council Meetings
The Hutto City Council conducts regularly scheduled meetings on the First and Third Thursdays of each month.
Mayor Doug Gaul
Mayor Doug Gaul has been actively involved in the Hutto community since moving here with his family in 1994. Mr. Gaul and his wife, Ruth, have been married for 32 years. They raised four children, Kirstin, Derek, Colby and Kendra, all of whom graduated from the local Hutto High School. Doug is now blessed with two beautiful granddaughters, Kylee and Caylin.
In April 2002, Mr. Gaul launched Farmers Insurance – Doug Gaul Agency in Hutto. After 20 years of working in the manufacturing industry, he decided to move into a career in insurance where he could better serve and educate members of the community. A true family-owned business, the office is managed by his wife Ruth. As a businessman, Mr. Gaul has been a Hutto Chamber of Commerce member since 2002. Mr. Gaul also has a Business Management degree.
1- Ann Cano
Anne Cano was first elected to City Council in May 2009 and
was reelected in May 2011 and May 2014, with her term expiring in May of 2017.
She has been
a resident of Hutto since May 2006.
- Volunteer for Hutto Trash Off
- Volunteer for Arbor Day
- Volunteer for Treats on East St.
- Volunteer for Orange Santa
- Hutto Economic Development Board Member
- Williamson County Child Advocacy Board
- Hutto Chamber Ambassador
- Keep Hutto Beautiful
- Williamson County Association of Realtors Government Affairs
- Hutto Citizens University Alumni President.
- Temple College - Manufacturing Technology
- University of Mary Hardin Baylor - BS
- Regent University - MBA
- Anne Cano is currently a Realtor with RE/MAX Round Rock. Prior to this, Ms.
Cano was in operations management in the manufacturing sector and construction
Ms. Cano and her husband Jerry have five children and 10 grandchildren.
2- Tom Hines (Mayor Pro-tem)
Tom Hines was first elected to Hutto City Council in May 2015.
Mr. Hines has been a member of the Hutto community for nearly 19 years.
Councilmember Hines describes Hutto as a welcoming and generous community with
“real, genuine people.”
- Hutto City Council, Place 2 - Legends of Hutto HOA Board
- Member of the State Emergency Operations Team
-Member of the Williamson County Type III Incident Management Team
-Treasurer of the Hutto Professional Firefighters Association Local #4707
- Mr. Hines has been employed with Hutto Fire Rescue, Williamson County ESD #3,
for 16 years. He began his career as a volunteer, and is currently the
Lieutenant for “A” shift.
Mr. Hines and his wife Lori have two daughters and three grandchildren and look
forward to serving the citizens of this great community.
3- Nate Killough
Mr. Nate Killough is a United
States Army Veteran of 17 years and the
owner of Hippo Vapo on Highway
79. He is actively involved in the VFW,
American Legion, Hutto Youth
Baseball/Softball Association and
Disabled American Veterans organizations and
“The community of Hutto is
where we chose to make a home, a word I
don’t take lightly,” Mr.
Killough said. “During my military career, I lived in
many cities and there is
no place that I would rather call home.”
When asked about his goals for Hutto, Mr. Killough replied, “I
will listen to the needs and wants of our citizens and help find ways to
prioritize those needs to aid in the continued growth of our community.”
4- Tim Jordan
Bio coming soon.
Councilmember Lucio Valdez moved to Hutto six years ago
after retiring from the Galveston Police Department. Finding Hutto was a happy
accident and he knew right away that this community was a perfect fit for his
- Active Member of Hutto Discovery Methodist Church
- Hutto City Council Place 5
-Studied Homeland Security at Naval Postgraduate School
- Hutto Citizen University
- Hutto EDC Entrepreneur Training
- Hutto Citizen Police Academy
- Mr. Valdez is currently employed as a Sergeant Major stationed at Fort Hood.