- Donate & Get Involved
Donate & Get Involved
If you would like to become a volunteer to assist in the Library, it is necessary to fill out an application. Once the application is submitted, (in person or via email, [email protected]) the Library staff will contact you if there is a fit with the Library's current volunteer needs.
The Hutto Public Library is currently NOT accepting donations.
Hutto Public Library welcomes donations that are clean, dry, and mold-free. Donations will be evaluated by library staff. If they meet the library guidelines, donations could be added to the collection or donated to the Friends of the Hutto Public Library for their ongoing and bi-annual book sales. Otherwise, they will be recycled/disposed as appropriate.
- Call the library in advance if you wish to bring a large number of boxes to donate materials
- If you require a receipt, please let staff know at time of donation
- We cannot assign a value to the materials
- Please bring your donations to the front desk during library hours
- Items left outside will be automatically recycled
- Please bring your items in boxes or bags you can leave at the library
- Please limit book donations to no more than three boxes at a time
- Commercially recorded items (music CDs, DVDs/Blu-Ray, audiobooks on CD) in their original cases
- Hardcover and paperback books in gently used or new conditions, including large print and children's books
- Recent Best Sellers
- Recent magazines for free patron usage
- Books with missing covers or pages
- Boxes that have been moved from non-temperature controlled long term storage to the library
- Encyclopedias, textbooks, or Reader's Digest condensed books
- Items that are dirty, moldy, smelly, chewed, wet, or otherwise damaged
- Softcover books with crooked or twisted spines
- VHS tapes
The Hutto Public Library will provide a donation receipt when requested for material donations. All donations to the library become property of the City of Hutto and are accepted with the understanding that the library reserves the right to decide whether to add the donated items to the collection or use them for other programs, services, or events. The library cannot place a monetary value on the donated items.
If you would like to donate funds to help support the library, we encourage you to make your donation to the Friends of the Hutto Public Library.