Policies & Guidelines
Park Facilities & Athletic Fields
- Cancellations must be made no later than 14 days prior to rental in order to receive a full refund. Cancellations made less than 14 days will receive a deposit refund only.
- In the case of a rainout or power outage on the day of your event, reservations can remain as a credit or a full refund. Once a rental has started, if inclement weather occurs, rentals will not be rescheduled nor will refunds be issued.
- In the event of poor athletic field conditions due to inclement weather, the Parks and Recreation Department has the right to close the fields. Refunds and/or rescheduling will be made.
- Damages incurred during a rental are the renter's responsibility and will cause a forfeiture of deposit return. The renter will be responsible for any additional costs if the cost to replace/repair the damage is more than the deposit.
- Rental deposits are automatically refunded if the facility is left clean, undamaged, and the keys (where applicable) are returned. Refunds are administered to the debit or credit card that the rental was paid for or by check or cash. All refund checks are made payable to the person who paid the fees and are mailed to the address given to us when the reservation is made. Refunds take approximately 3 to 4 weeks to process.
Camps & Programs
Refunds of any fees paid will only be given if notice is received 14 or more days prior to the start of the program and may be subject to administrative costs. No refund will be given with less than 14 days notice. Complete refunds (including deposits) will only be given for departmental cancellations.
Facility Rental Rules
- Facility reservations are made on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Rental activities can only occur during regular park hours (6 am to 11 pm daily)
- The renter must be 21 years of age or older at the time the reservation is made. We reserve the right to require the renter to show proof of age. Renter must stay on-site at all times and agrees to be responsible for the facilities while being used, including the behavior of persons present and the preservation of the facility.
- Damages incurred during a rental are the renter's responsibility and will cause a forfeiture of the deposit. The renter will be responsible for any additional costs if the cost to replace/repair the damage is more than the deposit.
- Fireworks and ground fires are not permitted.
- Bounce Houses are allowed (Adult supervision is required and the sole responsibility of the renter of the pavilion or the Bounce House Company, City of Hutto is not responsible for damages to the bounce house or injury to person or persons while using the Bounce House)- Blow up splash pads or bounce house with water attachments are not allowed in the park. The City of Hutto must receive a copy of the insurance and must be listed as Additionally Insured.
- Motorized vehicles are prohibited within the park boundaries (non-designated parking lot areas). At no time are vehicles, golf carts, ATVs, or other motorized vehicles allowed within the park without approval from the Parks ad Recreation Department. This includes the prohibition of drop-off and pick-up of supplies during set up or clean up. Motorized vehicles in the park are a violation of the City Ordinance. If at any time a vehicle is caught within the park boundaries (other than a designated parking area) the renter will forfeit their entire deposit fee and may if additional damage is determined to be caused by vehicles in the park, additional fees shall be assessed to the renter.
- Any and all use of alcoholic beverages must be in strict accordance with the Alcoholic Beverage Code of the State of Texas. No alcohol is permitted within 25 feet of the parking lots at any of the City Parks per City Ordinance. The serving of alcohol at any party or event given in the honor of anyone under the age of 21 is prohibited.
- PA systems are permitted during rentals with the approval of the PARD office. All systems must follow the City Ordinance per Section 14.03.001 No person shall cause, allow, or permit the making of noise, in the city limits which exceeds 85 dBa during the daytime (7 am to 10 pm) or 70 dBa during the nighttime (10 pm to 7 am).
- Driving stakes into the ground is prohibited.
- Any other rules posted in the parks or facilities also apply.
Inclement Weather Policy
In the case of inclement weather, the following guidelines and procedures will be utilized to safeguard participants, spectators, and staff. All weather-related cancellations and delays will be at the discretion of the Parks and Recreation staff, game officials, or rental administrators on duty.
- Lightning: At the sound of thunder or the first sight of lightning, all outdoor activity must be stopped immediately. No outdoor activity is allowed to resume for 30 minutes after the last sound of thunder or the sight of lightning. All participants must return to their vehicles.
- Heat: In the case, a heat index of 103 degrees or above is reached, all outdoor activities will be canceled. The event may be considered for rescheduling.
- Rain: Heavy or strong rain may cause a program cancellation and/or delay. if canceled, the event may be considered for rescheduling.