Police Reports

The Police Department Records staff processes and maintains all police reports generated by police personnel. Police reports include accident reports and offense/incident reports.

Offense/Incident Reports

Requests for information from the Hutto Police Department, such as police reports, are made through the Hutto Public Records Center. If you have difficulty using the Public Records Center, please email Records.

Accident/Crash Reports

Accident reports are now provided online. To request a copy of an accident report, please go to Crash Records Information Systems.

Please allow seven to ten business days from the date of your accident for processing.

Crash Report Purchase Information

Obtaining an Accident Report

House Bill (HB) 2633 Motor Vehicle Accident Information provides that:

  • The release of information about a motor vehicle accident to a person directly concerned in the motor vehicle accident or having proper interest therein, includes the release to:
    • A person involved in the accident
    • The authorized representative of a person involved in the accident
    • A driver involved in the accident
    • An employer, parent, or legal guardian of a driver in the accident
    • The owner(s) of the vehicle(s) or property damaged in the traffic accident
    • A person who establishes financial responsibility for a vehicle involved in the accident
    • An insurance company that issued a policy covering the vehicle
    • An insurance company that issued a policy cover any person in the accident;
    • A person under contract to provide claims or underwriting information to certain persons
    • A radio or television station that holds an FCC license
    • Certain newspapers
    • A person who may sue because of death resulting from the accident
  • Certain redacted accident reports may be requested by any person

For the complete text of HB 2633 visit the Legiscan website.