Establish Utility Service

To avoid a delay in completing request to establish services it is important that all required documentation is submitted at one time, the address should be on the subject line if submitting information by email or fax. Due to high volume of requests establishing services may take two or three business days. This information may be submitted by fax, in person or email (include the address on the email subject line).

In order to establish utility service, the City of Hutto requires the following:

  • Complete Residential Utility Application (PDF)
  • Drivers License/ID
  • The page on lease agreement (if renting) or closing papers (if buying), showing name, address and date of purchase. If more than one person is listed on the lease or closing papers both will have to be included on the utility application and both are required to provide ID's.

Deposit and a service fee of $35 will be due at the time the account is established. The account number which will be provided once account is established. Account number will be required in order to make the payment. Click on link to see all payment options. 

Customer Responsibility

If the water service is currently off, the City of Hutto will not be responsible for any damages caused by flooding due to the resident leaving a water source on inside or outside of the home at the time the water is turned on. If the water meter indicates a water source may be on, the service technician may leave the water off to avoid any flooding, in this case an additional service fee will be assessed if service technician has to go back to turn on water service due to water source was left on. It is the responsibility of the resident to make sure that all water sources inside and outside of the home are off at the time the water is scheduled to be turned on.

Service Schedule

Water service connections are scheduled during normal business hours Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm. Any water service connected after hours will be assessed a $50 after hour connections fee.

Lakeside Estates, Park at Brushy Creek & Riverwalk Subdivisions

The same requirements are required for any service addresses in Lakeside Estates, Park at Brushy Creek, and Riverwalk Subdivisions, the City of Hutto will provide wastewater, garbage, and recycling services only. Manville WS.C. provides the water services, contact them at 888-856-2488. Per agreement with Manville WS.C the water services are subject to be turned off if wastewater, garbage, and recycling services are not established with the city.

Hutto Park, Hutto Highlands, and Mustang Creek Subdivisions 

For service addresses in Hutto Park, Hutto Highlands and Mustang Creek Subdivisions, contact Jonah SU.D at 512-759-1286. Jonah provides the water, wastewater, and recycling services.