Diversity & Inclusion Commission
- 6:30 pm
- 3rd Tuesday of every month
- City Hall Council Chambers
500 W Live Oak Street
Hutto, TX 78634
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
The Commission is composed of seven members and serves three-year terms. As of January 14, 2022, there is 1 vacancy on the Diversity & Inclusion Commission.
- Brian Thompson, Chair - Term Expires: June 30, 2025
- Tara Spoons, Member - Term Expires: June 30, 2025
- Anna Gonzales, Member - Term Expires: June 30, 2025
- Kandice Walker, Member - Term Expires: June 30, 2023
- Gina Chen, Member - Term Expires: June 30, 2024
- Lacey Ranson- Hudson - Term Expires: June 30, 2024
- Kristi Robich, Staff Liaison
The City of Hutto acknowledges that the history of discrimination in the United States of America continues to affect the privilege and/or lack of opportunity for people in the City; and the City of Hutto acknowledges that equality occurs when differences such as race, ethnicity, religion, gender, economic status, sexual orientation/gender identification, veteran status, marital status, language, age, disability, etc. do not determine a person's economic, social, or political access.
The Diversity and Inclusion Commission shall, to the extent possible, be broadly representative of economic status, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
Diversity & Inclusion Vision
The Diversity and Inclusion Commission of Hutto envisions an equitable community where all residents and employees can thrive, free of racism, homophobia, xenophobia, ableism, sexism, and all other systems of oppression. Therefore, the Diversity and Inclusion Commission of Hutto shall provide input and guidance for the City of Hutto’s City Council’s strategic objective to prioritize equity and inclusion via
- fostering a culture of belonging
- acknowledging and addressing past inequities
- advocating that all citizens and visitors be treated with dignity and respect
The terms of the charter shall govern the activities of the Diversity and Inclusion Commission.
Diversity & Inclusion Mission
The Diversity and Inclusion Commission has been established and charged with assessing the state of diversity and inclusion in Hutto. The Commission’s objective is to dismantle structural and cultural barriers by making recommendations to the City of Hutto’s City Council that would improve equity and empower underrepresented groups (i.e., racial, ethnic, and religious groups).
Calendar & Events
- Potentially creating Information boards that will be placed around/near City Hall
- Developing a social calendar in conjunction with city events that focus on highlighting Hutto's rich diversity
- Beginning in November 2021, complete one training a month, focusing on different aspects of Diversity and Inclusion.
- By the end of January 2022, develop a training plan/schedule that is open to the community members on Diversity and Inclusion topics.
- By the end of January 2022, complete and launch a City-wide assessment.
- Based on the assessment results, begin to develop action plans for moving forward with community-wide initiatives (Social/ Mixers, Training topics, etc.)
To be added at a later date
On July 30, 2020, the City Council established the Diversity and Inclusion Commission via Ordinance Number 0-2020-021 (PDF).