May 6, 2023 General Election
- February 17, 2023 – Last day to file for place on the ballot and Last Day to order General Election.
- Internet Posting Requirements for Political Subdivisions
In order to vote, you must be registered. Applications must be submitted at least 30 days before the election date.
In Texas, citizens do not register by political party, but simply register in their county of current residence.
You are eligible to register to vote if:
- You are a United States citizen;
- You are a resident of the county where you submit the application;
- You are at least 17 years and 10 months of age;
- You are not a convicted felon (unless you have completed your sentence including any incarceration, probation, or parole); and
- You have not been declared by a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be either totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote.
2023 Prospective Candidate Information
The City of Hutto will canvass the general election voting ballots in a special meeting to be held on a date to be determined. A canvass of all voting ballots must be conducted to determine official voting results. Total numbers may include voting ballots, provisional ballots, mail-in ballots, federal postcard application ballots and election day ballots.
2022 Williamson County Election Results (wilco.org)
The City of Hutto contracts with Williamson County Elections for Election Services. Hutto City Hall is not an early voting location. The early voting location in the City of Hutto is Wilco Hutto Annex, located at 321 Ed Schmidt Blvd., Suite 100.
On Tuesday, December 14, 2021, the Williamson County Commissioners Court approved new voting precincts based on the new redistricting map. The new voting precincts are effective January 1, 2022. The Elections office will mail out new updated Voter Registration Certificates to all active registered voters. The new cards will contain the new voting precinct number, state and local districts that may have changed. The approved maps are available HERE.
The Hutto City Council election is held on the first Saturday in May of each year. The next City Council election will be Saturday, May 6, 2023. The positions on the ballot will be for Council Place 1, Council Place 4 and Council Place 5.
The filing period for the May 2023 General Election will open on January 18, 2023, and will close at 5 PM on Friday, February 17, 2023.
Candidates running for Hutto City Council must affirm that they are:
- At least 18 years of age as of the date of application
- A qualified voter of the City, which in the charter shall mean a person who is registered to vote by the State of Texas, whose registration is effective in the City of Hutto
- A resident of the City and have resided within the corporate limits of the City for at least 12 months immediately preceding the date of the election
Political Sign Removal
Pursuant to Unified Development Code Chapter 10.401.3.5.3 (PDF) political signs must be removed immediately following the election.
For questions pertaining to City Elections please contact Angela Lewis, City Secretary via email.