What is considered a special event?
A planned temporary aggregation of people or attractions for a common purpose, including, but not limited to, street fairs, arts and crafts shows, rallies, public entertainments, or other similar events or attractions, that:
(1) Are conducted primarily outdoors; and
(2) Interfere with the normal flow or regulation of pedestrian or vehicular traffic; or
(3) Require special city services, including, but not limited to, street closure, provision of barricades, refuse services, stages, special parking arrangements, special electrical services or special police services or protection.
There is a $50 application fee that can be submitted through check or cash to 500 W. Live Oak St.
Special Event Permit Steps
(1) Submit your application to [email protected]
(2) Schedule a permit meeting with City of Hutto staff
(3) Gather and submit all needed information (found in the Special Event Permit Guidebook below)
(4) Permit will be signed off by City Manager
(5) You receive the signed permit