- Programs & Services
- Summer Reading Program 2023
Summer Reading Program 2023
Track your reading during the months of June and July, and turn your reading log in between Friday, July 21st and Thursday, July 27th for a free book that’s yours to keep! The very last day completed reading logs will be accepted is Saturday August 5th.
Make fun memories with your family at free events throughout the summer, including Friday Family performances (see below for schedule and details).
Friday Family Performances
Ramblin’ Rita, Cowgirl @ 10:30 am
- June 9, 2023
- Join us for Ramblin’ Rita’s Texas Tales at the Hutto Public Library on Friday, June 9th at 10:30 AM! This ain’t no plain ol’ story time, pardner. Sure, it’s family friendly fun for the young ‘uns (grades K-5 will enjoy it the most), but it’s also an honest-to-goodness show with plenty of audience participation. Ramblin’ Rita will entertain young and old as she tells tall tales about the wild west and shares some silly songs. Hope to see you there!
Sue Young, Bilingual Storyteller @ 10:30 am
- June 16, 2023
- Join us for Cantos y Cuentos: Tales and Tunes from Latin America at the Hutto Public Library on Friday, June 16th at 10:30 AM! Sue Young is a bilingual storyteller and musician with many years of experience performing for children and families. During her performance, you will travel around Latin America through legends, tales of tricksters, heroes and heroines, wonder tales and traditional, popular and original songs. You don’t need any prior knowledge of Spanish to enjoy this show. Don’t miss this exciting and free event!
Austin Reptile Show @ 10:30 am
- June 23, 2023
- The Austin Reptile Show is coming to the Hutto Public Library on Friday, June 23rd at 10:30 AM! They will speak briefly about reptiles in general, and then they will introduce up to 12 reptiles one at a time, discussing the traits, natural history, and adaptations of each. ARS has a variety of non-venomous snakes, geckos, and possibly a tortoise. If you or your child are into reptiles, this is the show for you!
Kim Lehman, Storyteller and Musician @ 10:30 am
- June 30, 2023
- Kim Lehman wears many hats as a storyteller, musician, honey bee educator, and author. When she comes to the Hutto Public Library on Friday, June 30th at 10:30 AM, she will be presenting a show that goes with our program theme this summer, All Together Now! Children live all around the world. They wear different clothes, eat different food, and speak different languages. Yet, there is one thing ALL children love – stories and music. Travel around the world with stories, music, and dance. Afterwards children will be able to try on clothes and play instruments from around the world.
BK Bones, Paleontologist @ *1:30 pm*
- July 7, 2023
- BK Bones is a paleontology enthusiast and certified fossil preparator who shares her passion for the prehistoric with engaging talks and lively demonstrations designed for school-aged children. BK Bones is a big proponent of STEAM education and Bethany makes questioning, exploration and creativity the heart of her approach. Expect eye-catching images, fossils (and fossil replicas) and lots of high-energy interaction. We hope to see you on Friday, July 7th at 1:30 PM for this exciting and kid friendly presentation. (Please note that this is a different time than our other Friday performances!)
Daniel G. Benes, Scientist @ 10:30 am
- July 14, 2023
- Daniel G. Benes (pronounced Be-Nes), award-winning science popularizer and show host, has performed and hosted hundreds of family-friendly, science-based shows, classes, camps, and enrichment programs at schools, libraries, museums, and events throughout the state. Daniel has been featured at SXSW and on TV and radio, and he is excited to present a science demonstration at the Hutto Public Library on Friday, July 14th, at 10:30 AM.
Strawbitty Yops Children’s Music Project @ 10:30 am
- July 21, 2023
- Strawbitty Yops is an interactive band with the mission of creating fun live music making experiences with their audience. Combining live looping, audience participation, beat boxing, body percussion, puppets and movement activities, and storytelling, Strawbitty Yops’ show is going to be awesome. Participants will participate in a group music making experience and have a great time! We hope to see you at the Hutto Public Library on Friday, July 21st at 10:30 AM.
Hot Toast Music Company @ 10:30 am
- July 28, 2023
- Join us for our last Friday Family Performance this summer at the Hutto Public Library on Friday, July 28th at 10:30 AM! We will celebrate our summer reading accomplishments and enjoy some amazing music from Mr. Symon. Hot Toast Music Co. is the product of dad, educator, and musician Symon Haijar, who writes irresistible kids music, all with purpose. Mr. Symon draws inspiration from the way children often find magic in the mundane parts of life that are hidden in plain sight. Hot Toast is not just “kids music” but an opportunity for wide eyed innovators of all ages to join in the fun of self-discovery and creativity. Because this performance is doubling as our end of summer reading celebration, we will also provide free snacks!
View All Library Events