Effective Monday, August 21, 2023, the City of Hutto is implementing Stage 3 Water Conservation efforts for all City of Hutto water customers. If you aren't sure who your water provider is, click here for a PDF map.
Stage 3 Water Conservation efforts apply to all City of Hutto water customers, including residential, commercial, industrial and institutional, during a severe drought and are required and enforceable:
- Industrial, commercial, institutional, and properties with no street address may water outdoors only on Wednesdays
- Outdoor watering may only occur on one day per week, according to street address as follows:
- Residential addresses ending in 0 or 1 may water outdoors only on Mondays
- Residential addresses ending in 2 or 3 may water outdoors only on Tuesdays
- Residential addresses ending in 4 or 5 may water outdoors only on Thursdays
- Residential addresses ending in 6 or 7 may water outdoors only on Fridays
- Residential addresses ending in 8 or 9 may water outdoors only on Saturdays
- Outdoor watering can only occur before 10 am or after 8 pm on designated days
- “Outdoor watering” is defined as using automatic irrigation systems and hose-end sprinklers
- Washing vehicles is not allowed (except if exempt by commercial carwash)
- Use of water for dust control is not allowed
- All other applicable Stage 2 restrictions
- Outdoor watering by hand-held hose, faucet-filled bucket or watering can, or a drip irrigation system is still allowed any day/time
- Properties that use private well water are exempt from these restrictions, such as The Co-Op District, Hutto City Hall, many Hutto ISD facilities, and the Riverwalk soccer fields
Should the City of Hutto need to move to Stage 4 Water Conservation efforts, all conservation efforts listed above will be required and enforceable, plus no outdoor watering will be allowed by automatic irrigation systems or hose-end sprinklers. Outdoor watering by hand-held hose, faucet-filled bucket or watering can, or drip irrigation system will only be allowed once per week on designated Stage 3 days, before 10 am or after 8 pm.
For questions, comments or concerns, please submit a ticket to the "Water Conservation Violation" section under the Public Works division of the City's Citizen Request Tracker. Relevant City staff will read all submissions and respond as soon as possible. Click here to access the Citizen Request Tracker.
For an explanation of all City of Hutto Water Conservation stages, please click here.
For further detail about the Drought Contingency Plan, click here to see the updated ordinance that Hutto City Council voted in August 2022 to adopt.
There are three water providers within the Hutto community: City of Hutto, Manville Water Supply Corp., and Jonah Special Utility District. Each provider handles their own operations, billing and communications/alerts.
Click here to view a helpful interactive map where users can enter their address to determine their provider, and also see the water restrictions stage for that provider and who to contact for more information.