Residents of the Brooklands neighborhood in Hutto may notice there will be work crews in their area through the end of September. The City of Hutto has hired these crews to perform tests on the roadways there, and engineers will use the results of these tests to draft plans for road repairs.
The anticipated testing will last from 9 am to 4 pm weekdays. This is the APPROXIMATE schedule:
- Testing to Alley I2 (behind homes on the north side of Bent Creek Drive) on September 18-19
- Testing to Bent Creek Drive on September 19-20
- Testing to Alley G1 (south of Bent Creek Drive) on September 19-20
- Testing to Eagle Lake Drive on September 20-21
- Testing to Charter Oak Drive on September 21
- Testing to Alley F1 (the alley south of Eagle Lake Drive) on September 21-22
- Testing to Alley E2 (the alley west of Charter Oaks Drive) on September 22
- Testing to Alley E1 (the alley west of Charter Oaks Drive and south of Tokalaun) on September 22
- Testing to Alley E2 (the alley west of Charter Oaks Drive and north of Tokalaun) on September 25
- Testing to Alley E1 on September 25
- Testing to Combe Drive on September 25-26
- Testing to Wind Elm Drive on September 25-26
- Testing to Timber Brook Drive on September 25-26
- Testing to Clearlake Drive on September 26-29
- Testing to Alley B1 on September 25-26
- Testing to Brooklands Blvd. on September 27-29
- Testing to Whiterock Creek Drive on September 27-29
These dates are estimates; testing may take longer depending on weather or other factors. During testing, a drilling rig will take boring samples of small portions of road (approximately 6 inches in diameter) that have been marked with temporary paint. The testing requires two support trucks (e.g., Ford F-250 or similar) with the drilling rig; although the rig equipment is approximately 10 feet wide, the trucks themselves aren’t expected to block traffic and are passable. You may notice noise while the drilling rig is conducting tests, but they aren’t expected to be louder than a garbage truck. Sampling will occur in short periods of time (typically less than one hour at each individual sampling location). All personnel performing tests will be wearing protective gear with the name of the contractors performing the work, Terracon and Austin GeoLogic, clearly visible.
Brooklands residents with any questions or concerns on this project may contact [email protected] for assistance.