Effective Thursday, November 2, 2023, the City of Hutto is implementing Stage 2 Water Conservation efforts for all City of Hutto water customers. If you aren't sure who your water provider is, click here for a PDF map.
Stage 2 Water Conservation efforts apply to all City of Hutto water customers, including residential, commercial, industrial and institutional, during a moderate drought and are required and enforceable:
- Industrial, commercial and institutional customers may water outdoors only on Mondays and Fridays
- Even number residential addresses may water outdoors only on Sundays and Thursdays
- Odd number residential addresses may water outdoors only on Saturdays and Tuesdays
- Outdoor watering can only occur before 10 am or after 8 pm on designated days
- “Outdoor watering” is defined as using automatic irrigation systems and hose-end sprinklers
- Filling of swimming pools can only occur before 10 am or after 8 pm on designated days
- Washing of vehicles can only occur before 10 am or after 8 pm on designated days;
Commercial carwash facilities are exempt IF they use a water recycling system
- Restaurants cannot serve water unless requested by patron
- Fountains and aesthetic pond-water features cannot be operated
- Water cannot be used to wash down buildings, driveways, sidewalks and hard-surface areas or to flush gutters
- Outdoor watering by hand-held hose, faucet-filled bucket or watering can, or a drip irrigation system is still allowed any day/time
- Properties that use private well water are exempt from these restrictions, such as The Co-Op District, Hutto City Hall, many Hutto ISD facilities, and the Riverwalk soccer fields
Should the City of Hutto need to move to Stage 3 Water Conservation efforts, all conservation efforts listed above will be required and enforceable, however all customers will shift to once-per-week watering. The washing of vehicles, filling of swimming pools (excluding newly installed pools), and use of water for dust control will also be prohibited.
For questions, comments or concerns, please submit a ticket to the "Water Conservation Violation" section under the Public Works division of the City's Citizen Request Tracker. Relevant City staff will read all submissions and respond as soon as possible. Click here to access the Citizen Request Tracker.
For an explanation of all City of Hutto Water Conservation stages, please click here.
For further detail about the Drought Contingency Plan, click here to see the updated ordinance that Hutto City Council voted in August 2022 to adopt.
There are three water providers within the Hutto community: City of Hutto, Manville Water Supply Corp., and Jonah Special Utility District. Each provider handles their own operations, billing and communications/alerts.
Click here to view a helpful interactive map where users can enter their address to determine their provider, and also see the water restrictions stage for that provider and who to contact for more information!