The City of Hutto invites the community to celebrate and learn about veterans this month, starting with a special exhibit at City Hall with an opening reception Tuesday evening, Nov. 9.
• The public is encouraged to email photos of Hutto veterans before Nov. 8 to [email protected] for a special online slideshow
• Tuesday, Nov. 9, 5:30 to 7:30 pm: Opening Reception for the WASP (Women Airforce Service Pilots) Exhibit at City Hall. This exhibit will start with an informative presentation inside Council Chambers from 5:30 to 6 p.m., followed by welcoming remarks and a reception in the lobby.
• Wednesday, Nov. 10, 8 to 10 am: In humble gratitude for the service of veterans, Hutto police will provide free coffee and scones to all veterans this morning at Baked’n Sconed, 143 Exchange Blvd.
• Veterans Day, Nov. 11: City Hall will be open to the public from 9 am to 1 pm for the WASP Exhibit. (City Hall and the Library are otherwise closed on this day.)
• Saturday, Nov. 13: T.H.E. Veterans Day 5K in Fritz Park, benefitting Toys for Tots. Register at www.thefun5k.run
• Nov. 9 to Dec. 3: The WASP Exhibit continues at City Hall weekdays from 8 am to 5 pm through Friday, Dec. 3 (except for Thanksgiving, Nov. 25-26). For more info, click here.