How are complaints made?

When a citizen lodges a complaint against a member of the Hutto Police Department, the complaint goes to the Internal Affairs Division. Their duty is to review and thoroughly investigate your complaint. The Internal Affairs office is open from 8 am to 5 pm each weekday. If the Internal Affairs Division is not open, you may lodge your complaint with any supervisory officer of the Police Department and your complaint will be forwarded to the Internal Affairs Division. If more information is needed, please review state law and departmental complaint information.

Show All Answers

1. Can an officer appeal the complaint?
2. How are complaints made?
3. What happens when a complaint is found to be true?
4. What happens if the complaint is not true?
5. What if you are not satisfied with the decision?