The Hutto Police Department is dedicated to providing the best police service possible to all of Hutto's citizens. Your police employees are carefully selected and given the best training possible in order to provide this service. However, you may have an occasion to lodge a complaint about the actions of a member of Hutto Police. In order to be responsive to you, we are providing the following information about how complaints are made, how they are investigated, and the final outcome of your complaint.

How Are Complaints Made?
When a citizen lodges a complaint against a member of the Hutto Police Department, the complaint goes to the Internal Affairs Division (supervisors) located at 401 West Front Street, Hutto, Texas, 78634. Their duty is to review and thoroughly investigate your complaint. The Internal Affairs office is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. each weekday. If the Internal Affairs Division is not open, you may lodge your complaint with any supervisory officer of the Police Department and your complaint will be forwarded to the Internal Affairs Division. If more information is needed, please review state law and departmental complaint information.