Vendor Permit Information
Itinerant Vendors are considered sales by businesses that are temporary in nature. Businesses of this type include, but are not limited to, roadside sales and mobile sales operations. A distributor, peddler, or solicitor (door-to-door sales) is considered to be certain fund-raising activities and any sales of consumer products within the city. Most solicitors will fall under this category. A peddler, solicitor, distributor and itinerant vendor permit application must be completed, submitted and approved by the Hutto Police Department PRIOR to the commencement of any sales activity.

Hutto city ordinance requires that ALL vendors register with the City of Hutto.  Vendors shall include all distributors, peddlers, solicitors, or itinerant merchants, applicants and their agents, servants, employees and representatives as any of those terms are defined herein.  (Ordinance article No. 8.04)  A completed application with all required documents may be submitted to the Hutto Police Department to be considered for a permit.  Incomplete applications will be returned.

Any itinerant vendor considering selling in the Hutto Old Town district should contact the City of Hutto Development Services Department at 500 W. Live Oak St., Hutto, or by phone at 512.846.2640.  Please see the link provided below for a Hutto Old Town district map.

City of Hutto Historic District Zoning Map

For more information, see the frequently asked questions section of the application or call 512.759.5978.

Vendor Permit Application & FAQs