Animal Control

Hutto Animal Control is responsible for enforcing State and City codes pertaining to animals. We investigate animal bites, animal cruelty complaints, and other animal-related issues. 

Hours and Contact Information:                                         
Monday – Friday
8:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M.
Closed on City Holidays 

For assistance call Senior Animal Control Officer Wayne Cunningham - 512-759-5985. (Fax: 512- 846-2653)

After Hours Non-Emergency
Ph: (512) 846-2200


Lost Pets and Hutto Animal Shelter
Hutto Animal Control works hard to reunite lost pets with owners. When a pet is found, it’s scanned for a microchip. If microchipped the owners are contacted immediately (Always keep owner information current). If a found animal is not microchipped, our team reaches out to several Hutto area pet forums via social media to post pictures and contact information within minutes of pick-up. 

 If an owner cannot be reached, depending on a variety of factors, lost pets will either be brought first to the Hutto Pet Shelter or to the Williamson County Animal Shelter. It is the policy of the Williamson County Animal Shelter to hold unidentified animals (cannot locate an owner) for 72 hours after their arrival and identified animals (owners identified but not able to locate) are held for 5 days. After the animal hold times expire, the animals will be eligible to the public for adoption.  To visit the Lost & Found Forum, please click here.

 NOTE: If a pet is sheltered overnight at the Hutto Shelter, a shelter fee of $60 will be assessed and must be paid prior to being permitted to pick the pet up.  

City of Hutto Pet License/Registration and Vaccinations
Pets are required to be vaccinated yearly or triennial (3yr vaccination) for rabies per Texas Administrative Code – Chapter 169, Subchapter A “Rabies Control and Eradication”.

Additionally, Pet Licensing/Registration is a requirement for City of Hutto residents. The requirement is defined in the Hutto Code of Ordinances, Chapter 4, Article 4.08.

Fees are $10 for unaltered pets and $5 for altered. We accept cash, check or major credit card. You must provide a current vaccination certification to purchase a pet license/registration and bring the information to the Hutto Police Department located at 401 W. Front Street.  You can also register your animal online. Click here to register through the Williamson County Regional Animal Shelter.


The City has a leash law, please make sure all pets are leashed.
Reporting a Non-Urgent Issue
If you see an animal control problem, you may report it to Animal Control using the Citizen Action Center, and appropriate action will be taken. You may also use the Public Service Request Tool to let City staff know about specific animal control, non-emergency public safety concerns.

We appreciate your partnership and look forward to serving you better!

Bee Removal
Hutto Animal Control does not remove bees, wasps or hives. Professional honeybee removal and rescue experts can help transfer bees to an environment that they will thrive in.  Here is a list of beekeepers who service our area. 


Click here for helpful safety tips.