Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. This is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents of this class; employees may be assigned duties which are not listed below; reasonable accommodations will be made as required. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement and is subject to change at any time by the employer.
- Assists in drafting ordinances (codification & publications) resolutions, contracts, agreements, easements, procedures, policies, deeds, pleadings, and other legal documents.
- Researches and analyzes law sources such as federal, state and local statutes and cases, recorded judicial decisions, legal articles, constitutions, and legal codes.
- Coordinates review, process & response to Open Records Requests received by the City and forwarded to the City Attorney’s & Attorney General’s office (when applicable) for legal review, including reviewing responsive information provided by other City staff, determining which legal exceptions to disclosure may apply, drafting briefs to the Attorney General’s office, and providing guidance to City Staff regarding the applicable state law governing open records requests.
- Assists in managing the record retention process for all Council resolutions, correspondence, City contracts, legal documents, etc.
- Provides quality customer service to city staff, the general public, and all other work contacts.
- Assists in Council Meeting and committee preparation and setup including but not limited to meeting details, document preparation, resolution writing, legal compliance for all meeting notices and postings.
- Maintains the Legal Department records and files utilizing record retention laws and best practices; establishes archive systems and retrieves information as needed.
- Provides general administrative support to the City Secretary’s office
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Paralegal Certification - required
- Ability to be bonded and certified as a Notary Public - required
- Ability to complete TRMC Certification within three (3) years of hire
Contact : To apply, please click here!
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled