As a member of the Executive Team, the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will report to the City Manager and will assume the leadership role of overseeing the City’s financial strategy, growth, health and stability. The CFO will have responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities for the City.
- Provides leadership in the development and continuous evaluation of short and long term strategic financial objectives.
- Directs and supervises the financial functions of the City, which includes economic development, accounting, budgeting, purchasing, utility billing and municipal court.
- Ensures full transparency into the City’s finances by clearly communicating and providing timely and accurate financial reports and analysis of cash position budgets, trends and forecasts.
- Takes hands-on approach developing, implementing and maintaining financial controls and procedures to ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state, and local regulatory laws and rules for tax reporting.
- Evaluates the impact of residential and non-residential growth on the City’s finances and participates in the development of economic incentives that ensures the City’s financial health, while encouraging new industries, programs, strategies and opportunities for the City and its residents.
- Manages the City’s cash and investment under the adopted investment policy, administers debt and manages the utilization of financing alternatives, such as PIDs, TIRZs and MUDs.
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- Facilitates sound financial decisions by all levels of City leadership through open communication and professional teamwork.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
- BS in Accounting from an accredited college or university, MBA preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
- Ten (10) years of progressive experience with supervisory responsibility
- Experience in municipal accounting and finance required
Contact : To apply, please submit your resume to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled