Alcoholic Beverages Permits

The sale of beer, wine and mixed beverages are allowed by permit and zoning within the city limits. A Local Option was conducted by Williamson County on November 7, 2006, that approved the sale of beer and wine in restaurants.

Obtaining a Permit

  • Contact the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC) to begin the process.
  • Once the TABC process is completed and approved, you will receive a TABC permit. State TABC permits are good for two years. 
  • The City of Hutto annually issues local city permits.
  • The permits are good for a one-year period.

Currently, each City Alcoholic Beverage Permit is $25.

Questions / Additional Information
For questions regarding City Alcoholic Beverage Permits should contact the City Secretary's office at (512) 759-4839.